Finishing the pump controller

It’s been a busy summer. Next weekend I’m travelling down to the cabin. I keep telling myself it would be really nice to get the pump controller working. I spent some this weekend ironing out a few bugs–and creaking a mock to test it.

Mostly battling this stupid SSR. While the label says it takes 3VDC as control, I’ve found it takes at least 5 and better 6 volts to adequately turn on. At first I thought I burnt out the FloJet pump, but it was the SSR not fully triggering (only at a lower level).

Tonight I fixed the hysteresis feature (millis() is my friend). There is more work to do to finish out a feature features: (1) the manual overide switch (2) add a menu item to set the hysteresis time (3) test!